The Committee and Coordinator would like to say Welcome to the Todd Mall markets. We hope your experience with us is an enjoyable one.
We ask you all to please be patient and kind to one another and to note all committee members are volunteers who devote their own time and energy to ensure the Todd Markets are successful and safe.
The Committee members for the Todd Mall Markets are:
President – Sarah Shepherdson
Vice President – Shane Thompson
Public Officer – Anne Davey-Smith
Secretary – Meegan Sullivan
Treasurer – Laurie Sparke
Receipting Officer – Sandra Beveridge
Coordinator – Sarah Shepherdson
Requesting a market stall?
Complete the online application found on our website under the New Stall Application Make sure you include the dates you want to attend as well as basic information about your products and site requirements.
For an example will you be using a gazebo/tent, are you a food stall and do you require a powered site, what size site do you need 3x3, 6x3 2x1 and lastly what you will be selling.
If your application is accepted a reply will be emailed to you advising there is a suitable site available.
All stallholders are required by law to hold their own public and product liability insurance.
Todd Mall Market does not provide public liability insurance or equipment.
Once your application has been accepted obtain all relevant documents as stated below and send copies to email@example.com (or upload them when you complete your online application).
- All stallholders need to purchase $10,000,000 Public Liability insurance.
- Foods stallholders need to purchase $10,000,000 Public Liability and $10,000,000 Product Liability
- Food stall holders need to submit their food registration
- A print out of your test and tag compliance check of ALL electrical goods to be used.
- Complete the Todd Mall Market Vehicle Permit (if applicable to you)
All documentation must be sent through prior to attending your first market.
It is the responsibility of the stallholder to submit insurance renewals that occur throughout the calendar year.
Remember, you must put in an online registration with Todd Mall Markets
All information can be located at www.toddmallmarkets.com.au
How much does it cost to have a stall at the Todd Mall Markets?
- $30 for craft stall holders, $25 members
- $35 food stall holders, $30 members
- Casual stall holders $40 per stall
- Membership costs $5 for the calendar year. (Reminder new stall holder must attend 6 markets before a membership can be offered)
On the day of the Market
Please don’t enter the Mall before 7am. If you are a Food stall you are permitted to enter the Todd Mall at 6.45am
Please respect those around you and adhere to the drop and go rule at both set up and pull down of stalls – This means don’t park your car in the mall for any more than the MINIMUM required time to drop off or collect your stall belongings – we need to keep access clear for everyone.
- What do I do when I arrive at the market to set up my stall?
- If you aren’t sure of the location of your site go to toddmallmarkets.com.au to see a photo & description of your site before entering the mall. (Contact the Coordinator on 0458 555 506 if you still need assistance).
- Enter the mall from the Southern End (Uncle Eddy’s Ice-cream) no later than 8.15am
- Put your hazard lights on to drive through the mall, speed limit is walking pace no faster than 5 Km per hour
- Unload and remove your vehicle from the mall before setting up your stall. Vehicles need to be out of the mall by 8.30am.
- Please don’t park in the Church carpark as the Church use it on Sunday mornings for their parking
- At around 8.30am the receipting officers will start collecting the stall fees by coming to you. Please ensure there is someone at your stall at that time with the correct money so these ladies can get back to their stalls to start trading by 9am
- At the end of the market pack up your stall before bringing your vehicle into the mall via the Southern end no earlier than 1.15pm and in June, July and August 2.15pm
- What do I do if I can’t attend a market?
- If you cannot attend a market you are pre-allocated for then it is important to advise of your cancellation before the day of the market (preferably by Tuesday) by phone/SMS 0458 555 506 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org – If you need to cancel on the day please phone/SMS or email before 7am.
We will be revoking permanent stall sites if this is not adhered to as we have many regular stallholders wanting coveted sites.
- How will I know if the market is cancelled due to bad weather?
- Check our Facebook page Todd Mall Markets-Alice Springs at 7.00/7.15 am
If there is no message of cancellation then the Market will go ahead
- Please have all your relevant documentation pertaining to the event this includes Public and Product liability Insurance, Food Registration and the Todd Mall Vehicle permit
All traders must operate in accordance with the Northern Territory Work Health and Safety Act and Regulations, and this duty includes
- Taking reasonable care of their own health and safety, and that of their staff/helpers
- Taking reasonable care that their conduct does not adversely affect others;
- Not obstruct access or disrupt any emergency service response;
- Not misuse or tamper with any Council Utilities or other assets; and
- Comply with terms and conditions for Trade Site and Vehicle permit.
- Food vendors to have both blanket and fire extinguisher in visible easy to grab location
- Pegs/star pickets/stakes not permitted – wrap around weight bags to be use at ground level
- No ropes ties or other attachments to any ASTC equipment
- Traffic management
- Emergency procedures
- Test and Tag
- It is known to create an unsafe condition when extension leads, and power adapters are piggy backed on to each other as this can lower voltage in supplying power
- Who is your nominated first aid officer?
- Where are first aid kits kept?
- Reporting incidents
- Advise developing a traffic management plan
- There is a shared traffic zone between vehicles and pedestrians with a 5 km speed limit.